Result of the survey

On this post, I asked you to answer the survey.

I'll analyse result of the survey.

First, I got answers from 3 people.
2 of them were Japanese.
1 of them was American.


From this question, I can see that many of body modification that I wrote was known, but
"Ear pointing" was known by no one.
"Ear pointing" is to make your ear like a ear of elf.

Ear Pointing. (n.d.). from http://tatuajesdiabla.com/album/ear-pointing/

This answers show the level of body modification's acceptable range.

Then, let see the answers of ones that they want to have.
It is interesting that they can accept most of them, but doesn't want to have any of it except piercing.
The reason why they want to do piercing was that it looks cool.

Media, and Society affected their thinking the most.
One answer taught me a movie "Snakes and Earrings" made the one think that body modification can't be just denied.

Finally, I asked what the one think of "Body modification."
It seemed that all of them thought it individual freedom, but 1 of them was worried of the situation they'll face, said that it seems free, but in reality it isn't really free living with tattoo because of the impression tattoo will give to others.
Also other person was worried about it becoming so extreme that it might lead to a rejection of one's body.

I couldn't get much answers, but because I had many written answers, it helped me a lot.
Thank you for cooperating my survey.

コメント

  1. Your final presentation was interesting and I'm glad you were able to find some AGU students who actually had tattoos in order to interview them. Your survey could have been stronger if you didn't assume that the respondents would know what things like suspension, tongue splitting, and implants are. A short description or even images would have been helpful for people unfamiliar with them.
    Cheers,
    Joseph D.

    返信削除

コメントを投稿