ERIKO : Two Perspectives

I'll introduce two perspectives about foot binding.

Perspective 1:

I'm  David Ko, and I'm a doctor in Taipei.
I'm a collector of shoes for bidden foot. I collected about 5000 shoes.
I'm now 54. I saw bidden foot when I was 6 years old, it was really attractive for me. That made me interested in those shoes. Those shoes has beautiful needlework on it. I think those little shoes are "sexy". In ancient China, foot binding were considered as a kind of fashion. This romantic fashion have influenced the modern fashion. Even heels are thought to have roots in foot binding.

Amber, W. (2009, June 05). 「てん足」に魅了され、靴コレクションは5000足 台湾 (A., Ed.). Retrieved from http://www.afpbb.com/articles/-/2608856?pid=4227837


Perspective 2:

We are against David Ko, and all the people who think foot binding was a good custom.
This is because foot binding encompasses pains for women for rest of her life. We consider it as a torture. Foot binding was forced to women who didn't have equal rights with man because of patriarchy. They forced this to control women's activities and satisfy their desire. It can be seen as beautiful, but on the background, there is history of oppression.

Amber, W. (2009, June 05). 「てん足」に魅了され、靴コレクションは5000足 台湾 (A., Ed.). Retrieved from http://www.afpbb.com/articles/-/2608856?pid=4227837

コメント